Port Lewes is a condominium community of 120 units whose owners are proud of
our community and strongly desire to preserve its attractive appearance. To keep it
a pleasant place for recreation for you, yours and those around you, please observe
• City ordinance restricts unit capacity to 6- 8 persons only.PARKING
• Extra cars are to be parked in the overflow parking areas only. Large boats, DECKS
campers, etc. may be parked temporarily in the overflow parking, with prior
approval by the Resident Manager.
• Vehicles parked in “NO PARKING ZONES” are subject to towing at vehicle
owner’s expense. Temporary exceptions may be allowed with permission of
• Railings and stairs are to remain clear of draped towels, and any forms of BOATS
decoration (ex. bird feeders, chimes, party lights).
• Covered grills that are gas-fired only may be placed on decks. Charcoal grills
may be used, but only if placed on the ground.
• Only small boats, that can be manually launched, are allowed on the beach POOL
area. Landing or launching of JET SKIS from our beach is PROHIBITED.
• Storage of small boats (under 15 ft.) is permitted under the rear deck or in
the carport area if on a trailer.
• All boats must be labeled with the Unit Number if stored at the beach or in the
storage racks at the beach.
• A public launch ramp for larger boats is available at the end of Pilottown Road
• For safety and insurance reasons, the pool is never open to Unit Owners,
Guests or Renters unless a certified lifeguard is present.
• Anyone present within the pool area when the gates are locked will be
considered Trespassers and the police will be called.
BEACH - A City of Lewes ordinance prohibits smoking on all City beaches including
the Port Lewes beach.
• Pets are allowed only with Unit Owner’s written consent. A City of Lewes
ordinance provides that all dogs must be leashed when outside, including Port
• Use the “Doggie Trail” to the left of the pier or the area on the eastern
property adjacent to Cape Shores. Dog owners are expected to remove their
dog’s excrement from our Community Grounds.
• Delaware state law and Lewes City law PROHIBIT dogs on swimming and
sunbathing beaches from 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM, May 1 through September 30.
BICYCLES, SKATEBOARDS, etc are restricted to paved roadways and may not be
used on the pavilion or tennis courts.
• Garbage Collection (in green City of Lewes trash carts) is early Monday and • Place all trash carts beyond the unit carport deck support post for pickup.
Thursday (July 1 through Labor Day) and Monday only in off season.
• Recycled trash (in blue/yellow topped City of Lewes trash carts) is picked up
on Monday (July 1 through Labor Day) and Monday only in off season.
QUESTIONS: Contact Mr. Kevin Keller, Resident Manager, Unit #70, at 645-6110.
IN EMERGENCIES, CALL 911.
PORT LEWES COUNCIL
Port Lewes Community Rules